Colin is an experienced learning professional, passionate about learning design, media production, and product management. For the past five years he’s been working in Melbourne, in a number of roles across higher education as well as the private sector.
Originally from Scotland, he’s recently returned to the United Kingdom and is currently working with Kings College London in setting up an academic preparation course for fully online delivery.
Online | BST - UK 4 August 2020
Universal Language: Utilising communication tools to run effective projects and maintain relationships
"The project was supposed to be live two weeks ago? The key stakeholder has gone on holiday halfway through it? The content was updated by the SME but they "forgot" to tell anyone else until the QA?"
If this sounds familiar, then congratulations you have officially experienced bad project management! For every issue that can derail a project, it can usually be fixed by having effective project management and processes in place in order to navigate it effectively.
In this session, I will discuss the do's and dont's, highs and low and any other cliched expressions to take you through effective project management, utilise appropriate communication tools and help maintain good relationships with your stakeholders even when things might not be going well!
What you will take away from the session:
- Tips on how to set up a project effectively from the beginning
- Define the QA process for completely remote projects
- Insight into developing f2f content for online within a short development and delivery period
- Demonstration of project management tools such as Trello, Miro and MS Teams
- Advice on how to work and communicate with multiple cross-functional teams.